Sunday, November 15, 2009

Life is good today.

Zac Brown Band says it best: I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand...  Well not literally, but I'm feeling pretty good right now.  I'm all moved in at my new place in Kansas City and having a blast living with my future hubby!  So far everything has been awesome - the weather, the people, the food, everything.  I've pretty much spent the last two weeks trying to make our furniture-less apartment cozy, mastering the art of cooking for two, and interviewing, job hunting and everything that that entails.  And everything has panned out PERFECTLY.  I have officially been offered a job at an advertising agency as an Assistant Account Executive.  I'm sorry, DREAM JOB?!  I got the offer on Friday, which officially kicked off a fabulous weekend.

My mom and sister came to town to visit (and see my ring) so Friday night we went out in the Plaza for drinks and apps; the perfect start to a fun weekend.  Then Saturday morning, we got up and went to a furniture store where Mike and I finally got a bed!  Not just a mattress, or a box spring, but an entire bed!!  We're totally moving up in the world.  Then, my mom, my sister my aunt (who lives down here) and I went...gasp...wedding dress shopping!  There was a MASSIVE sale at one of the couture wedding dress shops and - you guessed it - I bought my dress!  We totally weren't expecting to buy anything, but it was PERFECT.  And they had one dress in overstock, in my size, which meant I didn't have to buy the sample!  It's a beautiful dress that has a traditional feel but is totally unique.  It's absolutely gorgeous and perfect.  And now it's in a garment bag in my closet, where it will sit for about 9 months before I even touch it again...well, I might take it out every once in a while... :)  Then we all went out for afternoon drinks to celebrate.  We picked up Mike a little later and headed to Lidia's for dinner; a yummy yummy Italian restaurant that I will definitely be returning to.  Mike and I then went out with a group of friends and proceeded to enjoy the city until a little after 3am.  

Everything has just been wonderful.  I mean, my dream job, my dream dress, and now a comfy bed on which to dream about our awesome wedding...could it be any better?  Mike and I keep telling ourselves how lucky we are to have everything falling exactly into place.   

Now, if we could only decide where to go for our honeymoon... :) We're open to suggestions, so please help if you have any ideas!!

1 comment:

  1. virgin islands is my vote...unless of course you can really splurge for the greek islands :) either way, i'm coming, so deal with it.

    ReplyDelete