Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Can I really do it?

Blog for an entire year, I mean. You know, one of those New Year's resolutions to share my daily thoughts with the world...ok, well just you. I do miss it - while living in Chicago I always had something to write about. But I also had way more free time...mostly at work. I have zero free time while at the office now, and the last thing I want to do when I get home is sit on the computer.

But maybe this year I can commit to steady blogging. I mean, I planned an entire wedding last year - I think I have enough to write about. I have other resolutions I want to keep too (ok, here I go - the somewhat annual, not so creative, but I've gotta start somewhere New Year's resolution post). 3 half marathons (number one is already paid for - Rock the Parkway here in KC on April 2). Write more..err...start writing thank you notes. Tennis twice a week (overall building healthy habits). Travel more (with a honeymoon in Italy and a cruise next December, I think I'll conquer this one). And other little things too, like saving money (shopping less), eating healthy (cooking more) and exploring Kansas City (I WILL go to Free Fridays, I WILL go to Free Fridays...).

I already know this will be a great year - it's our first full year as hubby and wifey! I want to find our favorite restaurant - the one we'll go to for all of our anniversaries. And learn new things together - snowboarding is at the top of the list; maybe we'll go to cooking classes, too. We're joining a tennis club this week, and will find some leagues to join as well. I suppose I can add blogging to that list... why not? I'll want to write about it, especially if, no when, we actually do these things!

I think first I'll want to tackle the wedding post. It was easily the best night of my life and there is so much to share. It might need several posts...or a couple of volumes perhaps...but it will include pictures, thoughts, memories, and a quote or two.

Ok. I'm back on track. Gotta love the ambition that January 1 brings every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment